Risk & Compliance Administrator - Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
As Risk & Compliance Administrator you will support the Risk & Compliance team by providing assistance with the day-to-day departmental activities as requested by the Risk & Compliance Manager and the NCC Compliance Manager. You will also help to support the business across both the London and Northampton Office, ensuring that the team is adequately supported in its day-to-day tasks so that it can deliver its plans.
As Risk & Compliance Administrator you will:
- Ensure that the correct balance is struck between the commercial interests of the business, management of risks faced by the business, the statutory objectives of the regulator, and the interests of our customers
- Provide advice and guidance in an open and collaborative manner - empowering the business to make sound decisions
- Maintaining the risk register and associated risk documents such as risk assessments
- Assisting in the recording, monitoring and investigation of risk events / incidents
- Collating risk information from the business and feeding back to relevant stakeholders
- Completing initial information on risk forms
- Writing reports including creation of tables and charts
- Compliance activities such as supporting the team in compliance proactive (compliance planned activities) and reactive work (compliance guidance/advice) – here supporting the team by performing key tasks that they will agree on
- Administrating FCA regulatory returns – gathering the data and submitting the returns
What we are looking for:
Ideally achieved or working towards a foundation level professional qualification such as the ICA certificate in Compliance or the CII Certification.
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.