Customer Research and Insights Manager
Simply Business is planning to disrupt the US small business insurance market, building its first international business outside of the UK. Through blending a combination of technology, data and insurance knowledge, with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers, we are looking to simplify the insurance buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colourful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our startup team.
The Customer Research and Insights Manager will establish our customer research practices and embed a customer-focused culture in our rapidly growing team, partnering with both marketing and product teams to deliver impactful research insights. We are looking for someone who can uncover insights, develop and clearly articulate their recommendations and influence the product development process.
As a Customer Research and Insights Manager you will:
- Identify and optimize key opportunities to develop user insights and influence customer behavior to drive towards Simply Business’ goals
- Define research strategy and manage projects across a variety of methodologies
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies, analyze data, and share findings
- Source and manage relationships with external research vendors, when needed
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways and embed customer-focused thinking in the team
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and product management leadership
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree in business, psychology or other related field
- 5 years of research experience
- Experience delivering customer research as part of the product development lifecycle either at a start-up or within a new product/market division
- Experience with qualitative research methods
- Understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying) and basic statistics
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Clear communicator and ability to present results in excel and PowerPoint
- Someone who is excited about the way we work. You can read up on us here:
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- Participation in 401(k) plan
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours and working from home
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose) and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more.
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.