Programme Manager - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team.
As Programme Manager you will help us create a framework for change as we grow. A unique role that doesn’t fit the usual ‘programme manager’ mould, you will need to have all the traditional experience plus so much more. To be successful, you will also want to personally own a number of projects, requiring someone who is not afraid to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
As Programme Manager you will:
- Help us understand the change frameworks required to support our growth ambitions
- Work closely with finance to capitalise development costs and evaluate the commercial upside of new opportunities
- Understand how you can support the Head of Agile - and their team - in the delivery of technical projects
- Create and manage the overall roadmap for the business and its people plans
- Track the value of projects against budget
- Manage and report on risks, issues and blockers
- Manage the implementation of web conference facilities in London and Northampton offices
- Manage the fit out of our new London office and the migration of people
- Support HR and promote the Simply Business values and culture by being an advocate for our distributed working programme
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience of managing multi-functional transformation and change projects in a business with 200-500 employees
- Has experience of project and programme management including creating simple yet effective change formats for a variety of different business functions
- Can embrace the agile manifesto and understand how this might be applied at an organisation level
- Has worked in a scaling online business where product development, technology, people and data is at the heart of everything
- Can understand the numbers that drive commercial success and work with finance to understand the value of new opportunities
- Can track risks and issues and hold owners accountable for solving them
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including; private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.