Product and Customer Experience Director - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
This is a Management team position reporting to the COO with responsibility for Insurance Product, Digital Product, Customer Experience and Customer Insight.
As the Product and Customer Experience Director you will:
- Create an accelerated product growth strategy
- Build and develop a cross-functional Product team and maintain leading levels of engagement and empowerment
- Define and embed a test and learn approach to enable experimentation and deliver breakthrough growth
- Build and deliver the commercial product budget
- Creating and delivering a vision and strategy across all aspects of our product; digital, technical (insurance) and customer experience.
- The strategic product development and delivery in an Agile environment
- Building and developing a cross functional product team that drives high growth through customer insight, market disruption, product & supplier management and technology delivery
- Building a customer insight capability that drives both product and broader business growth strategies.
- Working with all business capabilities to put the product vision and strategy at the heart of the business.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in managing digital B2C product teams, preferably within financial services
- Have a credible track record of growing products to large scale – ideally disrupting consumer markets with innovative digital products
- Experience in project management, operations and UX/design
- Experience in adopting Lean and BML principles in Agile product development environments
- Experience of user interface & workflow design
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to lead and motivate a functionally diverse team
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.