People Director - London
Simply Business is one of the UK’s leading technology, service and data companies, and winner of the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ award two years running.
We insure over 400,000 of the UK’s businesses and landlords, using feedback, data and technology to create the very best experience for our customers.
Join us and you will be a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset, and we put a huge amount of effort into creating an environment in which everyone can thrive.
You’ll be helping us create something better for our customers, employees and the world in which we operate.
Our People Strategy is integral to our business strategy and to the future development & success of our group. Over the last year we’ve transformed the former transactional function into a renewed People function which can now act as a strategic partner, enabling the business to grow rapidly and achieve it’s goals. The People function is responsible for ensuring the company’s values are enshrined in everything we do, maintaining our high employee engagement levels and for ensuring our award-winning culture continuously evolves.
As People Director you will:
- Be responsible for creating an inspiring and empowering workplace where people achieve their potential, we have a positive impact on our customers and society generally, and we do no harm to our environment in both the UK and US. We are aiming to become an accredited benefit corporation during 2017
- Empower, coach, develop and inspire our people via a company-wide talent management and learning & development programme
- Work with our market-leading data science team and people analytics to build and embed accessible tools that support people decisions by providing useful, live data
- Owning and delivering the company’s People strategy, continually challenging and improving the way we do things
- Providing leadership for the People function (15 in total) and day-to-day management of the People Leadership Team (3 direct reports)
- Providing strategic and operational input for complex people-related issues and decisions
- Empowering senior People Managers to deliver against the people plan and enable their own professional growth - Creating a high performance culture
- Ensuring team and individual development is an everyday priority across sites in London, Northampton and Boston
- Ensuring high levels of engagement throughout the business, inspiring colleagues to reach their full potential
- Providing thought leadership and innovative ways to transform employee culture, motivation and engagement
- Ensure the People plan sets the agenda for the business and provides the right context for continued growth in line with the company strategy
- Embedding the company values throughout the business and ensure they are reflected in everything we do
- Delivering a company culture that is underpinned by having the appropriate people policies & procedures in place
- Managing senior stakeholders, both at SBMT and Board level
- Full ownership of the People budget
- Using data analytics to help make fact-based decisions that will unlock the power of the workforce
- Acting as an internal and external ambassador for the company and it’s culture, values and People Plan
- Driving and designing change in a culturally sensitive way, supporting Senior People Managers on implementation
What we are looking for:
- Successful leader with proven ability to inspire and develop a motivated, engaged and high performing workforce
- Ability to support and challenge the thinking of senior People Managers
- Proven track record of innovation in people management and organisational design in an environment of significant growth and change
- Strong strategic business partnering capability as well as gravitas to be accepted as a true partner to the SBMT and Board
- Commercially minded, change orientated individual with a broad generalist background
- Intellectually curious, adaptive and forward thinking
- Strong communicator
- Broader operational experience gained from roles outside HR would be advantageous though not essential
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.