Lead QA Automation Engineer - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
Coming in as the most senior person in the QA team, as Lead QA Automation Engineer you will be tasked with leading and growing the team and approach (particularly in regards to automation), taking the lead on suggesting new tools, technologies and processes to help take our QA function to a whole new level.
As Lead QA Automation Engineer you will:
- Develop our existing automated test suite and advising on best practices
- Collaborate with the development team to help reach QA goals
- Work with product owners to define business rules to support behaviour driven development
- Mentor a strong QA team to develop their skills and ability
What we are looking for:
- Ability to solve and communicate technical concepts
- Comfortable pairing with developers to implement unit, integration and functional tests
- Ability to work with product owners to clarify business rules and build automated tests that demonstrate these (using BDD tools)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery and how QA teams can support this
- Understanding of agile
Experience of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Ruby on Rails
- Cucumber / RSpec / Turnip / Jasmine
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.