Head of PPC and programmatics - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
Reporting to the head of acquisition, the Head of PPC and programmatics will be responsible for the PPC and Programmatic functions.
As Head of PPC and programmatics you will:
- Ensure that Simply Business continue to drive the significant success we have had with our acquisition marketing channels
- Ensure the performance of campaigns and identify opportunities for improvements
- Manage one other team member and work collaboratively with internal departments and key contributors
- Day-to-day management of the PPC accounts
- Increasing testing in the account to drive efficiencies
- Overall responsibility for managing bid management tools (BrainLabs bidder and technology)
- Overseeing Display and RLSA activities, with an objective to grow efficiencies through this
- Overseeing Programmatic activity with a clear remit to grow volume at a profitable rate through this channel
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience running PPC accounts in highly competitive markets and with £3m+ budgets
- Demonstrable experience improving PPC performance and innovating in the market
- Experience running successful programmatics campaigns
- A commercial person. You understand how businesses operate and pride yourself on delivering results
- Highly analytical. You know which metrics to focus on and will drive performance improvements to these metrics
- Ability to write scripts to help automate PPC management
- A strong advocate for customers. You start with the customer’s needs before deciding on channel mix and positioning.
- A people person. You know how to communicate, motivate and inspire many cross-functional teams, particularly technology and marketing
- Flexible and tenacious with a focus on delivery
Salary / package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.