Head of Brand and Communications - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
You will enable Simply Business to lead the market, taking its offering for customers and employees to the next level by creating awareness, championing a fighting spirit and a brand that makes its customers and employees proud.
As Head of Brand and Communications, your success will be measured through brand awareness (amongst our customers and potential new employees), social media engagement, visits to our content and positive response to the communication of our company values, both internally and externally.
As Head of Brand and Communications you will:
- Own our brand strategy
- Deliver the brand across the full customer journey
- Own the full communication strategy and plan, both internal and external
- Lead the content and social strategy to attract and engage customers
- Define core creative themes and campaigns
- Lead the implementation of the internal communications plan
- Lead the Art & Design team
- Developing and owning our brand strategy, trademarks and vision
- Creating, owning and leading the evangelism of our brand values
- Developing and owning our external communication strategy
- Developing and owning our internal communication strategy
- Working with our Customer Leads, defining and championing the brand USPs – including validation
- Defining the brand experience at every stage in the customer journey – from awareness, purchase and renewal through to cancellation
- Working closely with the Head of Customer Insight, Operations, Performance Marketing and Product team to ensure the brand messaging is delivered across each customer touchpoint in the journey
- Working with the Content, Social and Community managers to manage strategy, technology requirements and reporting
- Working with our Editorial Manager, you will have oversight of the Content team, as well as creative/editorial collaboration
- Working with the Customer team to ensure our content encompasses each customer segment
- Running and leveraging our social media communities and networks to drive an audience
- Managing prioritisation and performance of content through KPIs
- Creating an advanced roadmap of creative themes and campaigns that can be planned in and used across all marketing channels
- Communicating and agreeing strategy and prioritisation points/segments with the other Marketing leads
What we are looking for:
- Strong leaderships skills. Ability to inspire teams and individuals and significant experience managing a creative team
- Great at taking feedback, as well as giving it to your team and wider teams (ideally you’ll have some experience of taking client feedback, or internal senior stakeholders’)
- Extensive experience creating communication strategies (internal and external)
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- A people person. You know how to communicate, motivate and inspire many cross-functional teams, particularly in technology and marketing
- Great organisational skills: you have an ability to drive multiple projects on time
- A strong advocate of customers. You start with the customer’s needs before deciding on channel mix and positioning
- Flexibility and tenacity with a focus on delivery
- A background in design or communications
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.