Digital Product Manager - London
(FTC until 31 July 2017)
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
As a member of the Digital Product team, you will be key to creating digital experiences that provide a consistent and effective customer experience. It’s an exciting time to join this team as we grow to support marketers, Insurance Product Managers, Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Analysts, and others across the business, in designing and delivering features that support both customer and business needs. As a Digital PM you will be responsible for leading the full life-cycle of product creation, from ideation through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
As Digital Product / UX Manager you will:
- Be inspired by new technology, competitors/like-minded businesses, future thinking, and more to suggest opportunities to improve Simply Business
- Work with your key business owner to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- Work with Copywriters, Insurance Product Managers, and Marketing managers to define content
- Work with UI Designers to design page layouts and interactions, bringing a strong view of UX best practice to the conversation
- Work with the Customer Insight team to validate ideas with customers
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features internally and/or externally
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Lead decisions on persist, iterate, or drop
- Forming the hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Leading stakeholder sessions to define the requirements
- Championing solutions that work for the customer and the business
- Defining use cases, user journeys, and information hierarchies
- Managing delivery and scope of work to ensure value is returned as soon as possible, descoping where required and managing stakeholder expectations
- Leading the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Product own features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in developing features/products through full life cycle, working extensively on online journeys
- Experience of working with development teams to deliver amazing products
- Ability to compromise in the right way
- Passion for effective user experience design and the experience to back up their views
- Love of collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to agreements in a timely manner
It would also be advantageous, although not essential to have:
- Experience working with agile teams (we use Kanban)
- Experience in designing form interactions
- Knowledge of UX best practice, accessibility, and user testing, and experience of implementing them
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.