Digital Product Manager - London or Northampton
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
Initially setting the vision for our custom built back office CRM system, this role would suit someone with experience in that area and is likely to provide opportunities to move into a Digital PM role for the customer facing website.
As Digital Product Manager you will:
- Identify the underlying needs of back office CRM users in our business
- Develop a long-term vision for our custom built system
- Manage delivery and scope of work to ensure value is returned as soon as possible, de-scoping where required and managing stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature
- Working with key business owners to agree an incremental change plan, based on overall roadmap of how we can deliver towards the vision
- Producing artefacts such as wireframes, use cases, and process flows
- Working with the insight team to run internal user testing
- Working with the visual designers to deliver design changes incrementally
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ownership of product features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Creating digital experiences that provide a consistent and effective user experience
- Supporting the business, in designing and delivering features that support both user and business needs.
- Working with a variety of business owners and our in house call centre team to set the vision and roadmap for our CRM system delivering on it.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working on back office CRM systems (preferably custom-built)
- Proven experience of delivering UX improvements iteratively towards a larger vision
- Evidence of working with development teams to deliver amazing products
- The ability to compromise in the right way
- Passion for effective user experience design and the experience to back up their views
- A love of collaboration with experience of helping teams work effectively towards their goals
It would also be advantageous, although not essential to have:
- Experience working with agile teams (we use Kanban)
- Background in digital product management
- Experience with customer-facing websites
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
Moorgate, London or Northampton Town Centre
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.