Developer - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team.
As a Mid-level Developer you will be hands on in developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies, and championing Agile processes.
As a Developer you will:
- Highlight areas for continuous improvement and drive their prioritisation
- Be proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working
- Work with cross-functional collaborative teams, helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches
What we are looking for:
- Strong coding knowledge in any language
- An ability to solve and communicate complex technical concepts
- Strong understanding of Agile and desire to work collaboratively with business teams
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment
- Pro-active approach to suggesting new tools, processes and technologies – anything which will help us continually improve!
- The ability to challenge everything and drive cultural change across the organisation where needed
Experience of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Ruby on Rails
- Cucumber / RSpec / Turnip / Jasmine
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.