Customer Solutions Consultant (Sales Consultant)
Our award-winning contact centre is the beating heart of Simply Business. It shapes what we do as a company, and how.
Simply Business has five values – simplicity, learning, honesty, empowerment and authenticity – and you won’t find more examples of these at work, than in our contact centre. Values can often mean a whole lot of nothing, but to us they’re everything. They’ll underpin every decision, workstation and summer party you experience.
Obviously, the main focus in our contact centre is speaking to new and existing customers, whether that’s help and support with their policy, sales or something else. Our contact centre is also home to lots of people from our Finance, People, Technology and Marketing teams, plus others, so it’s a busy place to be. The culture we’ve built is like no other – it’s a place where you can be yourself and develop your career on your own terms.
As a Customer’s Solutions consultant you’ll be expected to work in all areas of the business whether that’s selling new business policies, renewing existing policies or servicing customer policies mid-turn, it is vital you can adapt easily, are comfortable in an agile working environment and are willing to learn.
You’ll have opportunities to make outbound calls to warm leads which can result in a department bonus which is paid monthly. You’ll also be up-skilled so you will be able to renew active policies.
Along with our outbound team, we have the inbound team where you will eventually be trained to offer one-call resolutions for all the customer’s needs.
If you’re new to the world of insurance, don’t worry. We provide bespoke in-house training and product insight, brought to you by our expert Learning & Development team.
As a Customer Solutions Consultant, you will:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Effectively manage call-backs
- Build relationships with customers to develop profitable and sustainable business
- Handle high volumes of calls and correspondence relating to customer queries
- Be fully up to speed with all aspects of the role including problem solving, renewing, taking on new business policies and mid-term - adjustments
- Contact customers prior to cancellation to establish reasons and suggest alternatives
- Display a good manner and professionalism with both colleagues and external contacts
- Promote positive feedback with regards to products and services
- Get to grips with department workloads, ensuring that these are managed efficiently
- Display agile working to support other areas of the business when required
- Maintaining and developing existing and new customers, optimising on business growth and customer satisfaction
- Effectively managing callbacks
- Using customer and prospect contact activity tools and systems to update relevant information held on the system
- Recording, analysing, reporting and administering according to systems and requirements
- Building relationships with customers to develop profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Attending internal meetings with other company functions to perform duties and aid personal development
- Ensuring that all payment details are collected from the customer
- Accurately completing the lead sheets and Direct Debit mandates
- Understand the customer’s requirements, proactively ensuring all information is obtained from customers
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record of delivering against business objectives
- Excellent computer literacy and accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner and skills
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Able to work in a team environment
- A dedicated attitude to customer satisfaction
- Good understanding of the need for confidentiality and compliance with FCA regulations and guidelines
What are the benefits?
There’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call ‘core benefits’. On top of that, you can pick and choose from the more exciting options we offer – whether it’s a full gym membership or gym subsidy, comprehensive private health cover, extra holiday, or a National Trust pass.
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
- a salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day, generous annual leave
- life cover (financial cover for your family, should the worst happen)
- a cash plan to reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- an extra day off if you get married or move house
- a stakeholder pension (employer-matched at 5%)
The fun stuff
Passed probation? Time to pick and mix from things like:
- a full gym membership
- private medical insurance
- cinema passes
- up to 5 extra days annual leave
- shopping vouchers
- dental and/or travel insurance
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose), cycle to work, childcare vouchers, and season ticket loan schemes, and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, cheeky manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.
Town Centre, Northampton
The Simply Business culture is truly unique. And you sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.