Commercial Account Executive - London
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately this role is no longer available. For open positions, check out our jobs board. For more on what it’s like to work at Simply Business, pay a visit to our careers hub.
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
The Commercial team is central to the strategy at Simply Business. It is responsible for existing relationships with insurers and for developing new relationships with other partners. It’s our job to make sure our customers have a great choice of products on our panel, and that we are at the forefront of distributors’ minds when they are looking for SME insurance partners. You will be a core member of our Commercial team working to deliver our strategy throughout 2017 and beyond.
As Commercial Account Executive you will:
- Provide key support to our existing Commercial team and develop the skills to manage your own Insurer Relationships in the future
- Work closely with our Products team and build your own understanding of our current insurer panel and the products that are available to our customers
- Work closely with the team to formalise processes around panel management and compliance, as well as ensure that we have the best possible choice of Insurance providers for our customers
- Demonstrate accountability towards meeting budgetary targets
- Work with our Legal and Compliance teams to ensure we’re working in the best possible way for our customers
- Managing existing insurer relationships
- Running monthly and quarterly account review sessions with partners
- Working closely with the Commercial team to deliver ad hoc projects that arise throughout the year
- Developing a detailed understanding of our panel and products
- Identifying possible new business and onboarding them in a timely manner
- Building strong relationships with our Products team to understand gaps in the panel and finding markets to fill them
- Ensuring the Commercial team activity is communicated across the business and maintaining close links with both offices
- Developing an advanced understanding of our reporting capabilities producing reports, presentation templates and any adhoc reports to support commercial team strategy.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to move into account management and continue to develop external stakeholder management with account management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Substancial proven experience at either an insurer, broker or insurance aggregator
- Numerate with a high degree of proficiency in MS Excel
- Existing relationships in the SME insurance market would be an advantage
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.