BizOps Lead - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team.
Leading a team of engineers running the technical delivery of the BizOps Infrastructure and Helpdesk to enable Simply Business employees to do their jobs effectively.
As BizOps Lead you will:
- Set and manage KPIs and communicate these clearly and effectively
- Highlight areas for continuous improvement and drive their prioritisation (e.g. areas requiring major refactoring)
- Be an architect with great judgement who can design and implement complex company-wide systems infrastructure that need to be usable, scalable and reproducible
- Have the ability to select appropriate technologies and vendors
- Work with the BizOps Infrastructure and Helpdesk leads to define a powerful vision that supports the growth of the company
- Delivering a smooth Google hangout experience with meticulous attention to detail when it comes to variables such as the office internet bandwidth, Wi-Fi access point capacity, client device performance issues and speaker/headset setup
- Guaranteeing phone call quality, network capacity and testing for VoIP, which will be fundamental in a next generation phone system currently being developed, using Twilio, for the call centre
- Migrating the current use of Active Directory into a single sign-on solution across the business
- Creating a more robust VPN solution for secure and stable remote access
- Collaborating with the security team and all Simply Business departments to completely migrate to Google Drive for file storage.
- Addressing office moves, refurbishments and growth.
- Maintaining the quality of office dynamics includign setting up employee desks to enable for hot desking and ensuring all meeting rooms are set up for video conferencing capabilities
- Iterating and automating the provisioning, deployment and continuous integration of Macs, Dell laptops and Chromebooks. The goal is to take it out of the box, plug it in for automated provisioning ‘at the click of a button’ and then hand it over
What we are looking for:
- Experience of line managing and leading a team
- Proven architectural skills
- Ability to set the vision and drive cultural change across the organisation
- Vendor relationship management
- Knowledge of Cloud / SaaS technology adoption and practices such as AWS and Google Apps
- Windows and Linux Systems Administration
- Knowledge of internet protocols and networking (Cisco Meraki, MPLS)
- Windows\OSX\Chromebook (provisioning and deployment)
- Coding skills in any language
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits to every staff member, we offer life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.