Behavioural Insight Leader - London
Simply Business is one of the UK’s leading technology, service and data companies, and winner of the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ award two years running.
We insure over 400,000 of the UK’s businesses and landlords, using feedback, data and technology to create the very best experience for our customers.
Join us and you will be a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset, and we put a huge amount of effort into creating an environment in which everyone can thrive.
You’ll be helping us create something better for our customers, employees and the world in which we operate.
As a company we have the strong belief that insights from the field of Behavioural Economics (BE) can radically improve all areas of our business and our lives. Reporting into our CEO, this is a newly created position which will shape the behavioural insights vision for the organisation and embed the thinking from the academic world into our culture of experimentation.
You will work in a consultative role with key decision-makers to help build capabilities that can be offered to the entire business. To do so you will help to identify opportunities to design and carry out Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) that will seek to measure the behavioural impact of potential interventions.
As Behavioural Insight Leader you will:
- Be responsible for the design, implementation and impact measurement of trials and for coaching the organisation in how to run these themselves
- Apply your professional knowledge of cognitive psychology and behavioural science to conduct behavioural analysis, experimental design and consumer insights development
- Stay up to date on the latest academic and business thinking in the field and act as the sponsor of Behavioural Economics throughout the organisation
- Further develop the company-wide capability of experimentation
- Coaching the organisation to use behavioural insights to improve areas of the business and our colleague experience
- Building a centre of excellence and capabilities to offer the entire organisation
- Developing opportunities to make significantly improvement to the lives of our customers and colleagues through simplification, removing over engineered processes and building high levels of engagement
- Shaping the behavioural insights vision for the organisation and a strategic plan to drive this change
What we are looking for:
- Experience in applying behavioural economics findings (from experiments and behavioural interventions) to product, communication and experience challenges in a professional setting
- An advanced degree in Behavioural Economics and/or Cognitive Psychology strongly desired i.e. MBA, Phd
- A strong entrepreneurial drive to help build a culture at the nexus between academic thinking and practical applications of theory
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, Love2shop vouchers and up to five days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org for roles based in the US, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.