Agile Coach - London
Join the UK’s largest and fastest growing online insurance broker and double ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ winner.
A challenge to the industry norm, our offices are casual, flexible and colourful with an open-plan design where our CEO works right beside everyone else. You will also find cross-departmental teams working on exciting projects, releasing new products quickly to change the traditional insurance market.
Unlike other companies you will not be a tiny cog in a corporate machine, but a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer perks such as flexible hours, remote working and freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
Working here is great but don’t just take our word for it. Our unique and enjoyable culture has seen us named #1 in the ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ - two years in a row!
The Agile Delivery team is a growing body of enthusiastic hands-on Agile Coaches using Scrum, ScrumBan and Kanban as our main frameworks combined with practices from the Agile and lean toolkits. Our ultimate aim is to support the company objectives by keeping the cost of change low, the process of change simple and the people involved motivated. As a company, we embrace the adaptation of the Deming Cycle offered in Eric Ries’ Lean Startup known as Build-Measure-Learn, so we are open to experimentation in both our products and our ways of working.
As an Agile Coach you will:
- Coach and nurture team members of 1-2 teams, consisting of a Product Owner, Developers and Testers, to live by and actively practice Agile and Simply Business values
- Strive to continuously improve your team’s’ Agile mindset, practices, process and team dynamics, whilst retaining or improving the ability to deliver consistently and at a sustainable pace
- Work closely with your teams to support them in delivering value, quality, a great customer experience, but also to remove non-value adding activities, bottlenecks and blocker
- Taking a coaching role as an Agile Coach, but also switching into ScrumMaster/Delivery Manager mode, depending on the needs of your team.
- Leading and coaching your team(s) and/or individuals in the Agile framework and tools which are appropriate for the team.
- Facilitating the framework specific, and any other necessary ad hoc meetings.
- Supporting your Product Owner with planning and the roadmap, as needed.
- Helping expose and facilitate removal of risks, issues, dependencies, impediments and blockers.
- Creating progress and feedback reporting tools (Burn Down, CFD, Cycle times, etc).
- Protecting the team from outside distraction.
- Driving forward continuous improvement within the team.
- Coordinating with other Agile coaches to encourage, adopt and evolve the understanding of the agile mindset, values, principle, processes and tools throughout the wider business.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working within and coaching on a Scrum, Scrumban and/or Kanban framework.
- Creative facilitation.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm to try out anything new you have learnt in relation to Agile.
- Skill at managing multiple stakeholders from all levels of the business.
- Comfort with challenging the team when needed.
- Understanding of the complexities of change management.
- Understanding of Agile software development and testing practices.
- A track record of getting the job done.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices.
- A cultural hacker; you’re passionate about creating a fun and motivating environment.
- You’re unintimidated by being outside of your comfort zone.
- You think the word “resource”, when referring to people, is a dirty word.
Salary / Package
Salary is reflective of experience. As standard benefits for every staff member, we offer life assurance, a pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan - but that’s just the beginning!
We also have a flexible benefits scheme where you can mix and match a variety of options to suit you, including private healthcare, dental insurance, gym memberships, cinema passes, love2shop vouchers and up to 5 days additional annual leave each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for us, then please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the specific job role in the subject line.
Note for recruitment agencies We have an internal team in place for our recruitment needs, so we tend not to use recruitment agencies. If we do not have signed terms of agreement with your company, then we advise against you sending us any speculative candidate profiles. They will not be subject to any terms and conditions, regardless of whether we progress with the candidate.